Thursday, July 26, 2012

An artist's eyes

Every once in a while I am fortunate enough to come across a little piece of magic in my internet travels. I want to share a could pieces of that magic with you today.

I am not sure if you are familiar with the two genius artists portrayed in the two clips I am about to off you, but if you are then you will likely enjoy this.

The first is a clip featuring the late Mr. Rogers.



The second is a clip featuring the late Bob Ross.



Now, I may be a sentimental goof, but I remember watching these men, these wonderful artists, when I was a kid. I was drawn to PBS as a child, like a moth to flame. Sesame Street, Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross, Electric Company, and so many others. And what I brought away from this brilliant programming was an invaluable education. Only now, so much later in my life, can I look back and truly understand what I was being taught. I was taught to live life, to love learning, and to be kind to people I meet. I was being taught to look at the world as through an artist's eyes, where everything is a joy to behold, and a wonderful place to let my imagination run wild. These brilliant men offered me their time and guidance in a scary world, reminding me to be kind, be creative, and to respect and love the world around me and the people in it. How awesome is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment